Saturday, November 12, 2016

Saturday November 12, 2016 Storm



Souvenir Photo Studio is now open.  Book your session now.
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at my NEW website:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may try to SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right although, because of a glitch in Google,  it doesn’t seem to be working at all.  Therefore I sincerely do appreciate the hundreds of regular followers.
****
Comments are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****
Saturday November 12, 2016
You know that I have been trying to give away, free, my old printer and 5 people have asked for it.  The first 3 couldn't be bothered to come and pick it up even though I was holding it for them... can you believe that?   One of them is a local gringo realtor with whom I wanted to list my home, and he said he would call me yesterday morning.  Well I am still waiting for that call, or should I say I am no longer waiting for that call because reliability would be one of the very first things I would want in a realtor.  And this is the second time that I have offered it to him and he has not bothered to respond in a professional manner...   And to think that I just recommended him to others....  I should know by now NOT to make any recommendations in Ecuador, because there are so few people you can count on to act decently, consistently,.. gringos included.
Today is day 12 of the Mariposa bloody nose saga and it is really wearing on us.  We took her to the nearby vet who has diagnostic equipment rather that the Clinic where we had already spent $180 on this nonsense.  Today, this vet says part of the problem is anemia, so we now have different meds and instructions.  Today's total, another $70.
You are probably wondering how come I am doing an early Saturday posting instead of the usual late night edition.  The fact is that Joes' Secret Garden cancelled the Beef Stroganoff dinner for this evening.  I was thankful that I didn't have to cancel my participation because the clouds here were extremely foreboding.  In prairie Canada, an east wind and dark clouds means batten down the hatches!  Here in Cuenca, it is the opposite, with the west wind being the harbinger of bad weather.  The rain began at 4:53, with the winds from the west, and the dark clouds in the east...  What promised to be a humdinger of a storm was a wet, but sad dissappointment.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement.   Cheers, Al 

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Too bad the night got cancelled

These were the clouds around 3pm

This was the view to the west

And this was about 3:30..  Promising, but a fizzle-out