Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Wednesday April 27, 2016 Perras/Exhibition



Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday April 27, 2016
I have bought some movies from vendors and take their word for it that they have either an English track or English subtitles.  My fault....  After 4.5 years I should know that an Ecuadorian will lie and just tell you what you want to hear.
The remote on my Panda TV is failing, so I first bought a Universal remote that says it works on Panda models at Coral.  Naturally it doesn't work, no matter how many times I tried all the instructions.
So I saw a fellow selling remotes at Feria Libre and, lo and behold, he had an actual Panda remote, different from mine, but he swore that it would work with any Panda model.  The battery door broke immediately, and it was another exercise in frustration.  Another liar, another lesson learned.

Yeah!   The dogs are really beginning to bond and play together now.  This is a radical shift in attitude of the older red dog, Mariposa, who has been radically jealous when any other dogs are near since the death of our little Lupe.  Perhaps the training at the Dogs Obedience School, plus the 5-7 walks per day, with play time, is beginning to have the desired effect.   Sending the dogs to school was the best thing we could have done.  Thank you Robert!
Again, these photos are from the small Samsung camera in JPG mode so the quality is lacking,.. sorry.
Mariposa and Turi now have fun together

Hibiscus are in full bloom around here

Cristina joined us for a walk today in the sunshine

She is amazed at the difference in the dogs

Play time in a nearby open park

Play-fighting is fun for them

Rough-and-tumble is the name of the game
 
While on our walk today we saw a vehicular Mexican standoff a couple of blocks away.  One lane has parked cars and the other lane shares the traffic in both directions.  A truck with a family and a car with two women in it were stopped, neither giving an inch..  This is typical Ecuadorian "I was here first" supremacy syndrome.  The truck was past many more parked vehicles (4) than the car (2), so it should have had right-of-way in this instance, plus the truck had 3 vehicles behind it and the car only 1, but the stubborn broad in the car would not budge.  The truck stood his ground, a couple of parked cars vacated, and the cars drove around the truck...  Such stupidity....
On Facebook there was a notice from our hometown of Radville, Saskatchewan that they want to have a photography exhibition at the end of May, and they were asking for submissions.  I contacted them to explain that it would be impossible for me to join in, unless I could submit my works electronically.  They agreed to accept my submission and they would print and frame them for me for an undisclosed fee.  Yesterday, I submitted the following 3 photos and sent a notice to my family.  They reminded me that they would all be in Radville for Mom's memorial service on May 28th (one day before she would have been 100 years old!).  So, how cool is that for timing!!
My brother thought that I should have included one of Tom Thumb, and he is right!  My only excuse is that I was in a hurry, didn't think of that, and used these 3 very recent uploads for sale as my choices... 
Taken near St Catherines, Ontario

Pase del Nino parade, Cuenca, Ecuador

My mighty Rockies near Okotoks, Alberta


I hope you enjoyed the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.