Saturday, April 23, 2016

Saturday April 23, 2016 Mike+Lotis



Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Saturday April 23, 2016
Yesterday around 3:30pm I got a call from Cristina that she was about to board the bus in Quito and she expected to be in Cuenca sometime after 11:00pm.   I got to the bus station about 10:15 because I did not want to miss her arrival and I needn't have rushed....  They lied to her about being an Express bus and she was on the milk run that stopped at every town, so she didn't arrive until almost 2:00 am....  Between this and being forced to walk the darn dogs, I am not getting much sleep.
At 1:00pm today we were invited to join the inner circle of friends at Mike & Lotis' place for a feast of Filipino food.  Lotis' sister Josephine is visiting from overseas and this was an opportunity to meet her.  I counted at least 14 separate dishes/courses which were too appetizing to pass up, so naturally we all over-ate. 
After lunch some of us headed outside into the glorious sunshine, some to relax, and some of us to play ping-pong.  Since some of us had not played in 30-50 years, we were quite amazed at how well we all played...!!!   We had some excitingly close matches.  Some of the gals stayed inside for karaoke and the jokes outside abounded about the sounds of the strangled cats we could easily hear.  We were just jealous that we could not sing, and did not have the microphone...
Anyway, THANK YOU Lotis and Mike for the sumptuous feast.  Believe me, I was still so full at night that I could only manage 3 onion rings at Joes' Secret Garden, and even left before they served the meal!    I am still full........  I probably won't need to eat tomorrow either.
On a very sad note, I just received the surprising news that a great family friend, Beatrice Johnston, from Edmonton passed away yesterday.  Sincerest condolences and hugs to Ken and the family.   We cherish so many memories of activities between our two families over the many years that we have known each other.  This is just a shock!
I hope you enjoy the photos.  One photo just would not upload properly... sorry.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

The tables was covered in food plates

Lotis and Josephine had even more food plates in the kitchen

Lots of friends came to enjoy the feast

Some of us hung around where the food was...

The experts remind us how to play ping pong

Some ladies enjoying the great weather

The karaoke crowd

Action shot of the expert players

Mike returns the shot left-handed

Can't resist the pretty flowers

Lovely colours

Cristina and Bella #1

Cristina and Bella #2

Cristina and Bella #3

Josephine likes the microphone