Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Tuesday April 19, 2016 Mike + Ray



Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday April 19, 2016
It has come to my attention that many people have inexpicably stopped receiving my Blogs via email…..  All I can suggest is to Subscribe again, even though you will then get a reply message that you are already subscribed….  I sincerely appreciate everyone who follows this Blog.
While walking the dogs this morning I saw that the local Bosque De Monay community was collecting goods to send to the coastal towns devastated by that horrible earthquake.  The stories that are coming out on Facebook are mind-boggling.  I immediately went home and went through my closets for clothes, shoes, soap, toiletries, candles, matches, and more.  
I lugged the bag down to the community center then kept walking to Monay Mall.  The police were set up just outside of Coral boxing up donated items.  I asked them what they really needed, and they responded with dishes, cutlery, easily consumable canned food, toilet paper, etc.  I went into Coral and was overwhelmed to see so many people with the same thoughts, and carts bulging with commodities to help those poor people.   I also loaded up a cart and brought it out to the police receiving station.  
Then I went into the drug store for some band-aids for myself, then thought that that could be another useful item on the coast, so I almost bought out the drugstore of their bandaids, acetominophen, and some alcohol.  
I can't say enough about the tremendous community spirit and effort in helping their endangered countrymen.  Having the police organizing the collection of goods right at the shopping centres is not only handy, but brilliant, and it gives us a better feeling that our donations will get quickly and safely to the people in need.

Tonight there was a benefit concert at Nuna Cafe by the Broken Bridge put on by Ray Lewis and Michael Wanner.  I have known Ray for a few years now and didn't even know that he sang until a couple of weeks ago.  Michael was born in Torquay, Sask, just a pony ride from my home town, so I was looking forward to meeting him.  
The small but appreciative crowd enjoyed the concert immensely.  Michael did a few country and folk tunes, including a few of Ian Tyson's (who lives next door to my sister Leonie).  Ray mostly did a few old blues numbers, most of which I had never heard before.  All in all, it was a great night out with many friends in attendance.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
x
My partners in crime, Dot, Rick and Soraya

Eddie and Company were there too

It looks like Ray is rockin', but just tunin'

Mike starts off

He sang some good ol' country tunes

Ray is waiting

He even sang "Four Strong Winds"

A nice crowd had the single waiter hopping

Even more people came after this

Mike is finishing his set

Showing off the "Kazoozaphone"

A duet with the new instument

The boys were having a good time

I don't think the Kazoozaphone will catch on any time soon

Ray finished off the evening