Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Wednesday April 15, 2015 Rainbow

I was supremely honoured to have been chosen BEST PHOTOGRAPHER by the readers of GringoPost for 2014, and now I am a repeat winner in 2015 !!!   THANK YOU to all the kind folks who voted for me.


Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday April 15, 2015
Our lovely street has been mess of oily black tar since last Wednesday and nobody wants to drive their vehicle on it.  People do not like to park on the street at night but we have no choice.  Does anyone know who we can contact to get the work completed??   They promised to be back last Saturday, which is the usual Ecuadorian tactic of just telling a person what they want to hear, they have no responsibility to anyone.   I have photos of kids trying to navigate the cardboard crossings on rollerblades then sliding on the sloped grass.  They haven’t figured out how to turn their feet sideways to climb slopes yet…

As you can see above, I have now received my “Best Photographer” award from GringoPost.  I know that I am not the best photographer, just maybe one of the most prolific and known.  It is good for the ego to know that other people appreciate my work.
Wow!  People getting killed over a cell phone??!!  http://cuenca-news.gringotree.com/another-death-in-banos-over-a-cell-phone/  It seems that even walking in a group isn’t much protection from these brazen thieves.  What is so valuable about a cell phone anyway?
Went shopping with Cristina today to find a lycra outfit and we started at all the shops around the Rotary Market before heading over to Feria Libre and cruising the hundreds of vendors there on a Wednesday.  5 hours later, we finally found a nice red outfit (but it has Mickey Mouse all over it, so they look like pyjamas)….  Oh well, nobody said that I set the fashion world on fire.
I had a morning appointment with Denton, a computer guru, to teach me how to stream sports, etc and download movies.  It turns out that he forgot about it and booked someone else, so now we are rescheduled until tomorrow.
In our travels today we came upon another Panama Hat weaver who allowed me to take a photo, and then, after a while, I asked to take a video because she was absolutely mesmerizing…  See it at https://youtu.be/skCufdAo2Bo
We also had a $2 almuerzo lunch in El Centro.  I told them to skip the rice and give me more pork, along with the pea soup and juice….   I could eat there every day…
Finally today we see a packer at the end of the street but the downpour was probably going to stop them from doing anything.   I actually prayed for the downpour to wash some of this crud away but I am not sure if it was successful.
The downpour had a great effect here, with a magnificent full double rainbow, and the inner one is so bright that it is easy to see all the proper colours, violet, indigo, blue, green, yellow, orange, and red.   They lasted an incredibly long time.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Kids on rollerblades crossing the forbidden zone

They haven't mastered how to climb slopes on the rollerblades.

The Police chopper cruising the area yesterday

This cutie wanted to physically touch our hands, and often..

Be sure to watch the YouTube video above

This lunch with soup and juice for $2

I say they look like pyjamas....

Maybe tomorrow???

What a rainbow....

OMG, there is a double....

Magnificent colours of the spectrum are very visible

Rushing over to the pot-of-gold...under my tree?

Simply spectacular sight.  The photos don't do them justice.

This was a WOW moment, while it was still raining...