Thursday, April 16, 2015

Thursday April 16, 2015 Roadwork/Service

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday April 16, 2015
I always wonder who reads this Blog and why the viewings vary so much between the Blogs....  Since yesterday it says that there were 34 views, but the prior readership (which had a 4 day lag) had 173 views...  
This Blog is titled "Roadwork" just because it is too lengthy to tag it "Lack of Roadwork".  Since last night they have had asphalt-laying machines at the end of our block and this morning was wet and drizzly, so all the workmen laid around and had snoozes, then disappeared.  The tar they laid down 8 days ago is just an oozing mess that has not merged with the road surface so it will probably be a detriment to any asphalt-laying operations anyway.  I am getting a little worked up about not being able to park my car in my garage for such a length of time.
The second part of my title is "Service" but today is not my day on that score either, waiting for the second day for someone to show up to teach me how to download and stream movies and sports from online.  For some reason he forgot about yesterday's appointment and scheduled in somebody else, then missed and asked to delay today's appointment to the afternoon, ...and then didn't show, again.  I began to get the second round of apologies after 5pm.   Someone else's needs were greater than mine and they took more time than expected.  Needless to say, I am not a patient person, never happy with bad service and I react badly.  I suggest that some people remember Joe Girard's Law Of 250.  As a former car salesman, I have never forgotten this simple rule about keeping your customers happy.  (http://www.earlytorise.com/how-a-funeral-turned-joe-girard-into-the-worlds-greatest-salesperson/).  If you are going to be late, call the client well before the appointed time.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

The workers lolled around past noon..

Would you drive through this slop???

Equipment with operators, but nobody's working...

Asphalt-laying machines had me hopeful for results, finally..

I have no idea what they are waiting for...  asphalt maybe??