Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday April 17, 2015 Bodywork

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday April 17, 2015
What a lovely sunrise this morning.  Lately I have been sleeping in most days and missing these sights.
I was excited when I saw the workmen arriving early this morning, hoping that this filthy street would finally be paved.   You can imagine my disappointment when they were quickly gone and they took all the machines with them....  Ugh, I am ready to strangle somebody.
Today was a clearance sale of the Coral stores held at the Mall De Rio so I was one of the first people in the door.  I got some nice runners for $15 and a long tape measure for under $4.
Then I had to slip over to Hearts Of Gold to deliver their GringoPost certificates for "Best Charity" and "Best Charity Event".  I guess that I can take a little pride in the latter.
I checked the exchange rate for our lowly Canadian dollar and was heartened to see that it is rebounding a little, but it still will be about a 26% loss on the exchange so I have to make some hard decisions.   One of them is that I probably should sell my car before I leave for Canada so that I will have enough moolah to survive for maybe a year until the dollar equalizes a little.
To that end, I called my insurance agent and discussed getting the vandalism scratches on my car fixed.  He reminded me that I have a $200 deductible and said that he would take me to a Body Shop for an estimate.  He came to my house and led me to this (literally) back alley Body Shop.  Because of the consistent weather here, most Body Shops are open air operations, usually with a roof above.  This set-up was actually pretty modern with hoists and all.  The Manager looked over my car and there are 4 panels to repaint and a couple of touch-ups, and he quoted me $240!  I made an appointment for next Wednesday and I will not be putting this through the insurance.  My insurance agent is actually interested in buying my car so I gave him a really good price if he can make it happen fast.
I also got the bad news that I have to pay about $2,500 in income taxes and fees so that is another unexpected bite out of the pocketbook.
Roux Bistro was advertising a burger and beer special for $8, and a person could watch some hockey playoffs on their 60" screen, so I figured I would give that a try.  A front row seat was quite the ticket and there were at least 3 other Canadians there for the same reason.   We cheered as the Canadiens won in overtime, then petered out when Calgary fell behind 2-0 early to Vancouver.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Great colours in the sunrise this morning


Ecuador's version of a Body Shop

The car will probably go on sale next week.