Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Wednesday, April 8, 2015 Band

I was supremely honoured to have been chosen BEST PHOTOGRAPHER by the readers of GringoPost for 2014, and now I am a repeat winner in 2015 !!!   THANK YOU to all the kind folks who voted for me.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday, April 8, 2015
I had errands to run downtown in El Centro today, firstly to get live watch battery for Cristina's watch which we only bought a month ago...  The jeweler was very kind and didn't charge me for the battery.
Then I scooted over to the Fuji Store kitty-corner from the Santo Domingo square and was pleased to see a school band of mostly xylophones and drums practicing the Cuenca Independence song.  It is amazing what a great combination those two instruments are..
At the Fuji Store I was getting a photo printed and framed for the memorial service for John Stivers at Joe's Secret Garden on Friday.  John was a recent regular at Joe's with his wife Pam so it was quite a shock to hear of his sudden passing.  They had just celebrated their 48th wedding Anniversary at Thanksgiving at Joe's and this photo was taken then.   RIP John.

I then met a new Canadian resident and fellow photographer, Kevin, from Calgary, at the Black Olive Bistro which is owned and run by Melissa, from Montreal.  We each enjoyed a really beefy hamburger to satisfy our comfort food cravings, and I even topped that off with a lemon meringue pie.  
It is kinda neat that I knew every person who stopped in there for lunch...  This town is getting too small for me....
I hope you enjoy the few photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

This was a surprise sight this morning.

Young people very intent on their instructors.

Except there was this one gal who knows when a camera is pointed her way..

Drums and xylophones, a great combination

Santo Domingo is attached to a school.