Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Tuesday April 21, 2015 VSC Oldies

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday April 21, 2015
Wow, 242 views on yesterday's Blog.  I guess that putting a link on Facebook helped raise those numbers!
Today was the culmination of another stressful preparation for the third Oldies But Goodies dance.  And, it was probably the last dance I will host.  The risk/reward ratio has tipped drastically in the wrong direction with a needed payment to the venue this time around.  The pittance that came home in my pocket isn't worth the effort and all the stress involved.  And I have had to subjugate my personal choices of music in the interest of keeping the dance floor full, so I barely enjoy myself, ..besides having to constantly watch the door.
You can't please everybody but a person had to try, and the stress of doing so is enormous.  Every dance, 80-85 people register that they are coming and then we have 20 no-shows .  So many people come up and want certain music that few others will dance to.  Tonight we actually had some Country dancers so I had to repeat the couple of Country tunes left on the playlist.  And tonight I got requests for more slow tunes, when almost nobody got up to polish their buckles or to two-step at the first dance.  I put in a few swing dances this time because of requests by the dance teachers, and the guys who requested them hardly got up to dance ...  Totally frustrating.  The best dance we held was the second one, which was 80% Rock'n'Roll and 20% Latin.
But I'm not going to worry about that any more, because I gave all the money and the float to Cristina to pay for the tuition for her son to attend electrical engineering school.
I took a couple of shots of the venue, Villa San Carlos, just for posterity's sake.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Villa San Carlos is a lovely place to hold a dance

Beautifully appointed and large enough for 250 people

Lots of seating and a large dance floor

My two lovely helpers