Friday, April 10, 2015

Thursday, April 9, 2015 Roadwork

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Thursday, April 9, 2015
Wednesday night, just before dusk, I heard a noise outside and investigated, only to see a young man driving a rotating brush streetsweeper at full speed down our street and creating a horrendous dust storm.  In no time at all the complete outside of my house and the interior of my garage was covered in a thick layer of dust.
Then a group came by to shovel the mess of gravel on the sidewalk into untidy piles.  I went out to talk to one guy and he said they were going to come for 4 hours tomorrow and they would be doing more roadwork on Saturday.
Then the big oil truck came and laid down a huge mess of oil.  They do this with no warning of any kind, essentially holding us hostage in out homes and not caring one whit about the giant mess that they create.  People cannot cross this mess for 2 blocks in either direction without some ingenuity.  I got out the hose and hosed down my car and the garage, the front of the house, and also the upper terrace.  
Thursday morning they came to sweep a little on the sidewalks and shoveled the gravel piles into a wheelbarrow, then they were gone.  I just determined to stay in the house and not subject my car to this ungodly mess.
Somebody took one of the neighbour's boards and put it partly across the road at the corner so people could attempt a crossing without getting their shoes too messy.
Friday I had to go out and, even though I drove as slow as possible, I still got tar on the side of my car.  I think I will bring the bills for the house cleaning and the car wash to the city for payment.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

This is just the beginning of the dust accumulating in the garage

The brat driver had no consideration at all

Full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes was his motto

Loads of gravel on our sidewalk

Then the oil truck laid down its sticky cargo

And this crap is not absorbing into the concrete-laden road

The truck backs up for another run

At the end of the street, ready...

More of an ugly mess on our road

It didn't look much better in the morning

No way that I wanted to drive my car onto this swill

I shouldn't have prayed that she slip and mess he nice white jacket

She actually made it across OK