Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sunday June 30, 2013 Cuenca Scenes

All work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
I certainly hope you enjoy my work which is displayed here, perfect or not.   Comments are graciously accepted.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
You may see other of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/

Sunday June 30, 2013 
First there are photos of a trek along the river yesterday, then a few from today above the Autopista, testing out my new 75-300mm lens.

Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Yesterday,walking along the Rio Tomebamba gives lots of photo ops

This is the oldest part of Cuenca

You can see how shallow the Rio Tomebamba is.

This hummingbird fountain adorns the University concert hall

Some interesting architecture

I love the big yellow building

Indigenous lady resting

Artist at work at Earth Day celebration

I am 90% certaing this is a still-life painting!

ARCA was having a dog adoption booth

This gorgeous dog stole my heart

Pretty eyes, attentive, cocked ears, quiet

Gosh it was a lovely day yesterday

A lovely water runoff spot

Looking towards the Cajas

Huge eucalyptus trees grace the river's edge

This was the sky today, and my first shot with the 75-300mm

This is a shot of downtown at 70mm

This is at 300mm, looking dead center at the big Cathedral

This is another try at 70mm

Another at 70mm looking more northwest

Caught this TAME flight coming in

This family outing hollered to get their picture taken

Back to the 15-85 lens and rain overtaking the city

A light rain does not stop a futbol game, it is refreshing