Saturday, August 31, 2024

Saturday August 31, 2024 Booked

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Saturday August 31, 2024

Tuesday was not a great day with intermittent rain but I did sneak out for a bit to Dollarama.

Online, I found that my Passport had definitely been approved in spite of a silly error I spotted that day on my application.  I guess they didn't notice because it is not something that shows on the actual passport... the province of my birth....

Because it was cool outside, I decided to cook my pasta stew which helps me lose weight and invited Bob for supper.  My diet is working and I have now lost 24 pounds, an inch from my first goal....  my real goal is to lose another 16 pounds....

Wednesday was cool and rainy again most of the day.

Thursday I went to pick up my Passport and was glad to find zero lineup and I was done in under 10 minutes!  I then went to the Bank to collect my US cash for the trip but the lineups were ridiculous so I did not wait.

I came home and, even though I had not slept well, I spent about 6 hours booking my flights, having to re-do my efforts on some legs several times because of un-updated booking sites.

But, it was finally done and now I can make my other plans, because I decided to fly in and out of Calgary, instead of Edmonton, so I can go early and visit friends down there for a week or so and park the car in a friend's driveway and suspend my insurance....

I am flying to Colombia for 2 months, and also to Ecuador for another month as I have been contemplating for ages. 

Itinerary is:

 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Friday, I went to the bank and there were only 4 people ahead of me, however it took over 20 minutes for me to get to a teller, and, of course, I got the new trainee..... so I alone took at least another 20-25 minutes to collect my US cash..and the line-up was decidedly longer and unhappy...  The money was sitting ready with the main teller per prior planning, combined with my instructions regarding the bank account and all, and they still managed to foul up everything.  Sheesh, when I worked at ScotiaBank in 1969 I could have processed that transaction in well under 10 minutes.... 

I am now happily into a trilogy by Ken Follett spanning the 2 World Wars and more.  It is fascinating reading as the fiction is skilfully interwoven with known facts.

Today has nice weather and many friends from around the world have been in contact about my trip, many green with envy, and many with encouraging help.  The nice thing is that I have already been offered lodgings in South America, and I am excited to see the Pase del Nino parade on Christmas Eve again....

I am going to be sad to miss seeing some people as our travel plans conflict, but c'est la vie....   To save money, I return on my Birthday to Toronto where I will spend a relaxing week.

No other pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.