Sunday, August 18, 2024

Sunday August 18, 2024 Foiled

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday August 18, 2024

Wednesday evening, we got word that a good cousin, Florent "Gil" Gilmore passed away on the 9th and his celebration of life will be Thursday the 22nd in Sherwood Park.  It will be interesting to see who can make it there.

Lately, I am not getting to bed until 2am and rising somewhere between 11am and 1pm.  Not that it matters to anyone but me, but I need to break this habit.

Thursday, I went for groceries and loaded up on Trail Mix for my salads because it was at a special price... 1.515 kilos cost me $42.27!!!!  I was flabbergasted when I looked at the bill later...  Save-On had 25% off on all their Western Family house brand stuff, so I loaded up on toilet paper, etc.

Saturday morning, our oldest dog in Colombia passed away.  Nala was on her last legs over 2 years ago when we took her into our care and she defied all expectations.  RIP our sweet old girl.... 

She was a great old gal!
Late Saturday evening we got word that our youngest granddaughter got engaged to her Australian boyfriend.  We hope everything works out great for them as they continue to live down under.

2 Aurora Borealis sites on Facebook predicted high chances of dancing skies from midnight to 2am so we left at 11pm with our friend Brenda and headed south where we expected to find less cloud according to the Weather Network.  The information on the cloud was perfect, although a light haze of smoke made the stars a bit dim and the full moon colourful....  However, the Northern Lights did not cooperate at all, frustrating us despite all our preparations.  Even close-ups of the full moon did not want to work and I only kept the 3 photos below from the 37 I tried....  Phooey!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.