Wednesday, August 7, 2024

Wednesday August 7, 2024 Downtown

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Wednesday August 7, 2024

Not much happening, although the weather has been cooler thankfully.  No need for AC the past few days and a few light showers sure help.

Monday, I helped Bob at his place to repair his recliner, his walker and his kitchen table.  Easy stuff enough for me, as long as I wear my back brace for any bending.

Tuesday, I spent good money on Topaz AI program for fixing photos which is good for two platforms, downloaded to my PC and my laptop.  The program does a very good job on my main problem of "noise" in my photos but is incredibly slow so I questioned this to their Support Dept..  They say, of course, that my computer does not have enough RAM, etc to work it properly and quicker...  Naturally, none of this was explained in any of their advertising, so I am waiting to see if they make any offers...

Then I got my new car insurance in the mail, $1,951 annual instead of the quoted $1,664...!!!  I am waiting to hear from my old agency now as well to see what went wrong and to see if I need to switch insurers....  Grrrr

Then some door alarms that I had ordered for Bob arrived from Amazon and I had to install it for him....  It works, and he will sell the other to another resident at a profit.

Today, I was up late, but was happy to see on the bathroom scale some numbers that are getting in my intial target range... yippee!!

I jumped on the Gio with my camera and went to exchange books at the Library.  It had just sprinkled an hour before so the air was nice and fresh again, after all the smoke of the last couple of days.

My niece (by marriage) is having some tests tomorrow and then within 72 hours is supposed to have arterial surgery for stents which should alleviate many of her problems.  Good luck!

Canada continues to fight at the Olympics with many usual letdowns sprinkled with bright surprises.  Go Canada Go!!!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.