Thursday, August 15, 2024

Thursday August 15, 2024 Renewal

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Thursday August 15, 2024

 I was supposed to pick up Ken from the hospital today but he called to say that they were arranging EMS transportation for him instead...  That freed up my day, so I was happy.

So, I decided to run on the Gio to Canada Place just to ask what day and time is best to come when line-ups are normally smallest....  Usually the line-ups in the morning outside the Passprt office are at least 50 people deep, with poor seating...  Imagine my surprise when there were only 2 people in line!!!!  So I was glad that I had brought my paperwork, just in case...  I had to fill in a couple of references, sign and date 2 places, and I was inside to wait my turn.   It was a bit of a wait but I paid and was out of there in 1 hour and 15 minutes,... and I can return August 29 to pick up my new 10-year passport which was cheaper than I thought...  Don't you just love it when a plan comes together...!!!

Then I went downstairs to Mister Donair to order another 4 beef donairs to take home to freeze...  They are always a quick, enjoyable meal.

On my return, I met Brenda and paid for my 2 tickets to the next Elks football game against my Stampeders.  Imagine my dismay when I realized that game is not in 2 days, but is on September 7th!!!  I feel like such an idiot when I goof up on dates.

Bob is making meat loaf with carrots and mashed potatoes and gravy so i am just waiting for word to go up and join him for supper.

I am getting closer to my first weight goal and I am happy to keep that going.

No pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.