Thursday, August 22, 2024

Thursday August 22, 2024 Gil

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Thursday August 22, 2024

Yesterday was same old, same old,... get up late, do chores, go for Wednesday Wings at Hudson's, read my new book while watching the Blue Jays gas another game (up 6-0, only to lose 10-7)!

Today, I was up earlier, did chores, had another short nap, then got ready to head to Sherwood Park.  The occasion was the celebration of life for my good cousin Florent (Gil) Gilmore.  After being greeted by his lovely but bereaved wife, Gail, I was having a hard time recognizing people.

But I decided to chance introducing myself to people that looked partly familiar and was rewarded with reacquainting myself with relatives, many I had not seen in 65 years...!!  Of course, there were a few Gilmores, Berts, VandeSypes, Halls, Fradettes, and more.  I may have been the only Bourassa there...

Gil was such a great guy with a perrenial smile that I found myself near tears watching the consistent slideshow of old photos.  The family obviously did not expect this large a turnout, which was standing room only.  I left early and did not partake in the food or drinks available.

Gil is on the left
 

The choking smoke is back over our city so the windows are closed tight.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Wednesday Wings are a treat


A little smoke haze yesterday

RIP Gil..

Bad smoke today!