Monday, August 5, 2024

Sunday August 4, 2024 Whyte

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday August 4, 2024

Thursday night, I caught the jackrabbit just sitting near St. Joachim church in the photo below.  

I was wrong about Cristina's black cat dying, .. thank God....  Cris was trying to be cute that the cat looked dead when it was stretched out sleeping....

Friday, I did a little trip in the Regal to get a few supplies at Home Depot to hopefully fix a couple of items on the car itself.  I managed to use Gorilla Tape to hold down both loose rocker panels after the fat screws I had bought were too small to do the job...  I also bought a sanding block at Bob's suggestion to try on the discoloured hood of the Regal, but that proved to be ineffective.  It doesn't bother me much, but it was worth checking out.

The darn gas prices were $1.61 a litre for the long weekend and I have not been using the car for that reason.  When it will cost over $100 for a fill-up in Alberta, something is definitely wrong!  I hastily renewed my Costco membership to ease the pain...

This afternoon, Bob and I went to Blues On Whyte and were surprised to find our friend Leo playing inside while a horribly noisy band was getting ready to play at the back of the patio on a large stage....  I asked the outside bouncer about all this and he said he heard that a person would pay $30 to listen to this racket on the patio...???? Certainly not Bob and I.......!!!!!!  Anyway, you can hear the noise a block away...

Leo only played a short 1/2 hour set to start, so we left and went to the corner to Hudson's Canadian Bar.  They had specials on nachos and also Caesar's, so we enjoyed that part of our outing a lot...

Also, our waitress was a sweet young transplant from Belleville, Ontario and she wants to find a used car, so I promised to help her search...

Tonight, we are getting a welcome thunderstorm with good moisture, and it is supposed to be pretty rainy for the next 2 days too....  We do not mind it one bit....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Bunny like a statue...

Merrymakers on Whyte

Leo

Gorgeous old Challenger!

Another group having fun.