Sunday, August 11, 2024

Sunday August 11, 2024 Elks vs Lions

 

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/ 

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:

 http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/

or al-bourassa.pixels.com

******

Sunday August 11, 2024

Brenda and I gathered clothes for Bob to deliver to Ken who is in University Hospital with ulcers and pneumonia.  He is expected to be released tomorrow.

I don't know how, but I have either lost or misplaced my house keys which is impossible in my mind because I am such a creature of habit and my keys are only ever in one of two places..... so it drives me bonkers that they are nowhere to be seen...  I have checked everywhere, with no luck.

I had noted that there was an Edmonton Elks (Uggghhh.. I hate that silly name) game today against the BC Lions.  Since my friend Brenda has season tickets with Lorraine from the 11th floor, I asked if I could tag along... So I did....  We caught the LRT to Commonwealth Stadium early to grab me a ticket near them, and then to enjoy the tailgate party in the parking lot, with free food and entertainment, well before the game.

Because Lorraine has a walker, they sit on the concourse level in the corner, under cover, with much the same view as the nearby skyboxes.  The seat next to them was unoccupied so I sat there out of the sun and was not forced to move to my ticketed seat 22 rows below.  28C today, so I would have been one crispy critter if I would have had to sit there.

The Elks are struggling mightily the last few years.. (rename them back to the Eskimos and the pride would return, I say...) so I must have been a good luck charm as the beat BC handily 33-16 this afternoon.

The gals will come back to Commonwealth tomorrow to arrange tickets for the 3 of us for next Saturday against Calgary Stampeders who I have cheered for since 1964... Omg, that is 60 years already!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took a few shots of the large cheerleader squad just because my daughter used to belong to the squad 30-odd years ago...

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.  

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


 

Commonwealth Stadium was built 1977-1978

Line-daancing entertainment

Brenda and Lorraine

Cool old car

Bull-riding

Warm-up

Workers for the Elks

A macot being cool

Still warming up

Elks mascot

A big Cheer Team

Still doing stunts

Half-time kiddie rodeo entertainment


Gorgeous horse!

One Elks touchdown

Flying high!