Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Tuesday May 16, 2017 Markets


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right, if it is not glitching again.... Ugh!
******
Tuesday May 16, 2017
Happy 17th birthday to my beautiful granddaughter Danai!!
Cristina's new rescue is sporting the old tags from Sparky and he is actually getting accustomed to that name already, and also "Nino".  We will be advertising to find his true owners although I am not hopeful.  If anyone wants a puffball shadow for company, let us know.  This little guy has lots of love to give......
Yesterday and this morning involved a lot of catching up on things that came from Canada with my niece Dawn, like mail, and old tax paperwork, etc.  
I finally got my new Debit card from CIBC but almost hit the roof when I saw my USD Credit Card..  If you recall I spoke to 2 different ladies about 3 weeks ago to hurry a replacement card to my mailing address so it could be muled to me with my niece because my present one expires in September.  They gave me the big sob story that they couldn't extend it more than 6 months due to system limitations.  The card they sent was just a replacement with the same expiry date, not an extension...  Where in the world do they hire such amazingly bright people??  I just spoke to a man at the Visa line and he claims that he can now send me a real extended visa for probably 3 years!   We'll see if the man is smarter than the women...
Went to physio yesterday and today and am at this moment testing my new TENS/EMS machine on the reflexology setting with the optional shoes that I also bought.  It will be interesting to see if I can un-plateau myself with my own devices.  I started wearing all 4 magnetic bracelets that I had brought in and immediately felt relief.  For the first time in a few months I actually feel confident that we are finally going to kick this electric feeling.  Maybe I should read the instructions before trying the pads.
We had a quick lunch today and took Dawn to El Centro.  We got her a lovely alpaca poncho and some new running shoes to replace the ones accidentally melted on Buzzer's muffler pipe.  So naturally Cristina needed new runners too.  
We wandered the artisan markets and the big Mercados and then tried to find protecting covers for my new Motorola phone only to find that they don't seem to carry Motorolas in Ecuador, hence no accessories...  The ones that I ordered via eBay from China never did arrive, so now I have 2 phones that I can't get protective covers for, even though one was bought new from Claro here... 
We made our way over to the Rotary market where the girls did more exploring.  We get a little jaded and complacent about life here and it is refreshing to get the perspectives of a newbie as we walk the streets.  The shaman ladies were really busy today with lots of folks, many with kids, lined up to get the cleansing rituals.
Oh I am so pooped...  This is definitely going to be an early night for this old man.  But first I have to dig up as many photos of my father as I can to send to my younger brother.  He had lost most of his to a flooded basement a while back.
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Our lovely brat Princesa

The latest rescue, Sparky or Nino

Hold up your hand if you want your love returned tenfold

The chances of finding his owners are pretty slim

This lady was braiding ropes at Rotary market

Lots of kids accompany the vendors, all day

A very mature vendor of metal products

The pigeons devouring leftover food

This little cutie thought I needed cheering up

So she gave me a little wave