Friday, May 5, 2017

Thursday May 4, 2017 Liz Party

Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
Get these Blogs via email !! ... 
SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right, if it is not glitching again.... Ugh!
******
Thursday May 4, 2017
Wednesday, made the usual trip to physio ands again confirmed that I extend into Thursday and Friday because of the missed days last Friday and Monday. So that means I will have 3 physio appointments on Friday! I hope this old body can take it all, and still have the energy to go to a party...
Also had Spanish class which may be suspended for a while because of the change in hours for the next physio sessions. Then I brought in my April IVA statement to G+G for handling. They still haven't sumitted March but that is because they got that one late. I noted that they were disallowing one receipt from Joes' because they say IVA isn't supposed to be charged for only drinks, so I advised Joes' of this.
Boy, I can't wait until this paralysis leaves me entirely because, without a nap, I am headed for bed pretty darn early lately.

Thursday, Walked in the rain to physio to find a real backup for the magnetic machines so we had to switch up the order of the therapies today.
I ran to El centro to see if I could find any smaller, secure suitcases that closed without zippers, with either combination locks or provisions for adding a padlock.  I thought that I had seen something like that in the tiendas along the San Francisco market but I was mistaken.
Then I had a quick nap before re-sprucing myself to go with Cristina to a housewarming party at our friend Liz's place in GringoLandia.  The #3 bus sure gets packed in the evening hours as all the workers head home and it was a chore to jostle through the crowd to the exit door.  It is a bit of a climb up to the gorgeous, huge place that Liz rents but we managed that without too much trouble, and she had balloons at the door to let us know where.  I knew most of the people there and Liz served up some delicious fare before we had some homemade desserts made by Susan.   Liz usually refuses having her picture taken but she was very gracious this night.  It was a really pleasant evening and we thank Liz for inviting us.
One of the guests, Bobette, received a belated birthday gift in a dessert cake box and we were all looking for forks when it appeared to be a slice of ice cream cake.  However our salivary glands were disappointed when the donor advised us not to eat it because it was really soap!!!  Whoever made that gift sure had an eye for detail because it sure had everybody fooled...
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

2 really lovely ladies

Lively discussions in the living room

More discussions in the dining room

The nice folks helping with the serving

The crowd is very convivial

Lots of social interaction with the lovely guests

Super bouquet of calla lilies

Finally Liz poses with Ecuadorian guests

Bobette with her slice of ice cream cake...  Or is it..??

Incredibly, this creation is made of soap!