Sunday, May 7, 2017

Sunday May 7, 2017 Cristina's Birthday


Please see more of my artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/
Get these Blogs via email !! ... SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right, if it is not glitching again.... Ugh!
******
Sunday May 7, 2017
Today was my sweetheart Cristina's 40th Birthday for the ninth time.  We had got her blouses and clothes that she wanted already, so today was just a lazy day to do what she wanted.
We really waited too late to go to El Centro but we managed to get ice cream and a 50c shoe shine before the heavens opened.  We did some shopping in the artisanal booths alongside the cathedral, and finally had to take refuge for about a half hour in the cathedral with thousands of people attending mass.  The church was wall-to-wall people.  Then we did more shopping and Cristina bought more costume jewelry, as usual.  I bought a poncho for $1.50 just as the rain quit.  So now I know how to start the rain (wash Buzzer) and to stop it (buy raingear).
My mind is a little preoccupied to get ready for a short trip to the coast and for having company for 2 weeks...  So many little things to do...  Making a list...
I hope you enjoy the photos. That was the day’s excitement.
Cheers, Al

******
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
If you want to borrow a picture for sharing with family and friends, PLEASE give me credit for the photo.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 
We're hoping those clouds to the north are moving away..

Cristina enjoying her triple ice cream

Lots of people heading for the cathedral

This is the only way most gringos will eat guinea pig here

Lots of artisanal tents along the side of the cathedral

Lots more

SRO in the cathedral

Cristina with a new necklace