Friday, July 1, 2016

Thursday June 30, 2016 Coopera/Herederos



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right. 
NOTE: It is obvious that many (all?) of you are not receiving the subscription emails and it is obviously a universal Google problem that they have not solved yet.  Therefore I REALLY appreciate all the folks that manage to view my Blog every day.  I find it both gratifying and humbling.
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****

Thursday June 30, 2016
Wednesday had a light rain in the morning but then it cleared up nicely and we went to Feria Libre, just to get out of the house.   Cristina finally bought a nice light rain jacket with a hood in a nice coral colour that goes good with her colouring.
Today I decided to get our portion of the 6th round of refunds for us Perjudicados de Coopera.  They said they needed color, notarized copies our cedula or paasport, and bank book or CD.   I took no chances and got 3 out 4 notarized.  I tried our usual Notary and they said he wouldn’t be in for 90 minutes.  I went across the street and that Notary wouldn’t be in for 30 minutes.  I went up the street a little further and found a third Notary who was actually working.  I had to wait 15 minutes or so but there were no problems and I even got a Tercera Edad discount.
Then it was off to Banco Del Pacifico with baited breath…  However, there was no line-up and I just had to say “Coopera” and hand in the documents to get a nice surprise amount of $1,946.20 which I happily split with my ex, less expenses.
The weather is improving, still a tad cool, but a lot less rain this week.
It was Thursday night so off I went to ride with the Herederos at the Broken Bridge.  I hate Ecuadorian time..  They ask people to be there at 7:30 but we don't get away for over an hour.  However the ride to El Valle was nice for a change, and we got to watch local kids play futbol.  I am amazed at the skill of some these kids at such a young age.  You should have seen the huge smile on this young girl when she actually scored a goal, you'd think she had won the World Cup!
We came back and went to the Pizza House on Paseo de Los Canaris and I had my signature "meat lovers" pizza.   Mmmmmm good!
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

A getaway to Feria Libre / El Arenal

Early morning sunrise through a misty rain

The Rio Tomebamba is pretty much back to normal

Only one shot of Todos Santos too

The group slowly gathers in number

We did end up with 11 bikes and 14 people

My idea for a group shot

It's a decent shot because I am not in it...

Shiny helmet reflecting Toxic

Our stop tonight was in El Valle

No restaurants nearby so it was a long smoke break

This was the first time the group went to El Valle with me

Lots of yellowish lighting is not great for photography

The bike line-up

Isa is another dog lover

Some pretty good skills in this pick-up game.




































X
The lollipop girls