Friday, July 29, 2016

Friday July 29, 2016 Craftsmanship



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
****
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right. 
NOTE: It is obvious that many (all?) of you are not receiving the subscription emails and it is obviously a universal Google problem that they have not solved yet.  Therefore I REALLY appreciate all the folks that manage to view my Blog every day.  I find it both gratifying and humbling.
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****

Friday July 29, 2016
OK, I went to complete the Red Cross blood donation at Hospital del Rio.  My blood had checked out OK, so I was surprisingly ushered into a downstairs room where there were already 2 other donors finishing up who turned out to be Canadians from Kelowna.
The blood process here is way different than in Canada.  They had 2 great machines with several tubes and bags, etc which apparently separates the blood immediately into the required components, i.e. plasma, etc.  So this process is much slower, taking 2 whole hours to complete.  They make sure you don't need to go to the washroom before beginning the hookups!  They have an automatic blood pressure-type gizmo which squeezes your bicep on a rotation of approximately 2 minutes on, 2 minutes  off.  While the pressure is on you have to squeeze a rubber ball.  By the end of 2 hours my hand was getting mighty sore.  Then to top it off, they asked what I wanted for lunch, listing off several attractive menu items!   I chose the challuafan, a rice and shrimp dish, that was excellent and I brought ½ of it home to share.
In Ecuador you can specify to whom the blood will go.  In this case it is an Ecuadorian named Juan P. who is the recipient.  A call went out to Gringos on Facebook and many people responded to help a local in need.  I am proud of our expat community for their continued shows of compassion.
 
My metal guy completed our clothes rack and it is super solid, even without the requested reinforcements.  Ecuadorians may have rudimentary ways of doing most things, but occasionally a client gets a really superior product from some of these craftsmen.  When I find a guy who is good at what he does, I will stick with him, even if I think his pricing might be a tad higher than others.  
My guy delivered it to the house and I put on the cover from the old $13 wardrobe for a perfect fit.  I had him make the left legs a 1/2 inch longer than the right ones because of the slope of the floor and it is right on the money.  It will last us many years.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

This is the new welded steel frame and notice the longer legs on the left

Adding the old wardrobe cover

Unzipped and rolled-up door

A perfect fit

Lots of jackets, etc., no problem