Friday, July 8, 2016

Thursday July 7, 2016 Herederos



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right.   It might work, it might not...
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****

Thursday July 7, 2016

NOTE: It is obvious that many (all?) of you are not receiving the subscription emails and it is obviously a universal Google problem that they have not solved yet.  Therefore I REALLY appreciate all the folks that manage to view my Blog every day.  I find it both gratifying and humbling.

Sorry for the long delay between Blogs.  Since Toxic was in the shop for emergency repairs I have not been out of the house much and the camera has been idle.
Most of my time is spent herding the dogs, which is really a chore when there are 4 of them, ... and the two rescues, Princesa and Sparky, want to bark and chase after every dog and bird within eyesight.  The good thing is that the rescues are getting along famously, expecially amongst the 2 of them, and they are getting accustomed to a set routine.  Turi and Mariposa are the calm, good examples and we are blessed to have these awesome companions.
Most of my time has been spent working on my photos, building up my stockpile for sale on RedBubble and Fine Art America.  
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
I am getting more familiar with the features of my new program, Smart Photo Editor, which is a Godsend.  I paid $25 for this program and the things it simplifies, especially adjusting backgrounds, is nothing short of incredible.  Those of you who follow me on FaceBook will see a huge difference in much of the work I now upload.  I hope you like the new looks.   I try to upload 3 on each weekday.
Thursday night always means a trip to the Broken Bridge to meet up with the Herederos, and I look forward to these night rides every week.  Tonight began with an hour of discussion about contacting people for longer daytime rides.  The President and many members are familiar with WhatsApp and favour using that as a means of communication.  However, many people seem opposed to this, especially us folks whose phones do not have an Internet plan.  Some of us do not want to be bringing the Internet with us everywhere, there are other things to enjoy.  It is so annoying to watch people at the dinner tables staring at their damn phones.   Unfortunately, quite, often, almost everyone at the table is staring at their stupid phones, not realizing how rude that is to everyone else.
So, it was 9pm before everybody saddled up.  We rode 4 blocks to the El Vergel church for a photo op, then we went to a hamburger joint another 3 blocks away.  Needless to say, I was not impressed with this kind of waste of a lovely evening.  I hope this doesn't happen much more often.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.



Good angle on Todos Santos, trying for a steady shot

Not bad for a non-tripod, timed shot... 6 seconds at f16

El Puente Roto, the Broken Bridge, looking west

Again, not bad for no tripod...

My iconic Thursday night shot

The group gathers before 8pm

Yak yak yak until 9pm

El Vergel is one of my favourite night spots

This old church is repaired and well lit

4 blocks for another smoke break..

A good group of riders, but no ride tonight

One day I will drag a tripod along

The line-up

Then 3 more blocks for burgers.  I had pulled pork this time...