Wednesday, July 13, 2016

Wednesday July 13, 2016 Rant



Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
****
Please see my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
****
Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE to this Blog on the right. 
NOTE: It is obvious that many (all?) of you are not receiving the subscription emails and it is obviously a universal Google problem that they have not solved yet.  Therefore I REALLY appreciate all the folks that manage to view my Blog every day.  I find it both gratifying and humbling.
****
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
****

Wednesday July 13, 2016
It was my daughter Jill's 44th birthday yesterday.  On June 7 my son Todd turned 48.  How the h*** did they get to be so old when I still so young????

 I apologize again for the lack of pictures, etc., and there will be none today.  First, we had 3 of our dogs sterilized (the other already is) and they are needing a lot of personal attention.  
Sunday night I broke a tooth so I decided to see if the IESS dental coverage was going to help.  I've been paying for 2.5 years and have hardly used them so, why not?   Monday morning we went to the line-up but were told that we have to dial 140 and make an appointment.  Yup, just 140, like dialling 911.  I let Cristina handle it because of the language issue and because she wanted a medical appointment as well.  After 1/2 hour on the phone (cel phone time used up) giving them all our details, they unceremoniously and unapologetically tell us that they are too backed up and are not making new appointments!!  I was flabbergasted, and damned angry!!  
Today, I asked Cristina to check again  while I ran to SRI.
This morning I decided to try to tackle another issue with this blasted Government here, the IVA tax refunds.  I confirmed with my bank that the refund for December,.. yes, December... finally made it into my account.  I then tried again to upload my May refund request and got an asinine error saying that my xls file had to be in xls format... duh...
So, off I went with my files to the SRI (our IRS, and about as intelligent) and got to talk to fernando who speaks reasonable English.  He checked my files and said yes, my files are correct, that their system is at fault, with no corrections in sight.  Their only solution is to re-do the forms to the complicated 3-pager that has to be personally submitted to their office..  He said that I could download the form and fill it out on the computer and it would be accepted.   He also made a second claim that I could shorten the factura numbers be eliminating a lot of zeroes in the third set, i.e 001-001-000005555...   The problem with the second claim is that the XL document insists on it having 17 digits or it doesn't accept it...  Anyway, I re-did May and also completed June for submission, by hand, tomorrow.  There is going to be a lot of screaming and yelling if these don't get accepted.
As I was riding back from SRI I called Cristina to see if she made appointments or not.  I understood her to say no, so I stopped in a a dentist to have my tooth checked.  Like I thought, a crown is the obvious solution to this molar so I have an appointment booked for next week.
When I got home Cristina informs me that she has her appointment made for next week and that, for some unknown reason, I have to go online somehow and make my appointment or at least see when such appointments are available....  I have yet to check that out.....    Regardless, once Cristina has had her appointment completed I have decided that I will eliminate another useless Government annoyance and cancel my IESS coverage.  Healthcare is so affordable at clinics here that it makes no sense to pay for coverage that doesn't respond.  There is also the free hospital where I had very good treatment once before.  5 months of IESS premiums will pay for this new tooth crown anyway.
I could really love this country if I didn't have to continually deal with thiese inept, corrupt Government departments. 
That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al