Friday, August 7, 2015

Weds-Fri August 5-7, 2015 Chikungunya

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Weds-Fri August 5-7, 2015
I apologize that there are no photos..  (I am hurting so bad,.. more on that later.) Wednesday I was up early to be at the bike dealer for my first warranty check.  I also had the guy raise the headlights but I haven't had a chance to test them yet.  After I dropped off the bike I went for a very long walk to El Centro and went to see the tailor where I had spotted a gorgeous suit.   I got measured and paid a deposit and was told to come back Friday PM for a fitting.
I met Raul for lunch and that was hurried because he had forgotten about an appointment to open his private soccer field for a bunch of ladies...  He doesn't care that he is late.  His excuse was "I gotta eat!".
I picked up the bike around 5pm and got to work on properly securing the carrier to the bracket, and the bracket to the bike.   I was pretty proud of myself but that evening I was hurting so bad and I couldn't decide if I had just bent and stretched myself too much, or if the Chikungunya Virus was manifesting itself.....  I went to bed at 8pm.
Thursday I was hurting so much that I just took pain killers and tried to relax as much as possible but the pain just seemed to get worse.  All the people in Colombia complained that every joint was sore and painful, especially hands and feet.  By George, those were my symptoms too so I went to bed at 8pm again.  I was also feeling cold again so I cranked up the heaters for a while.
Friday I was up at 5am and forced myself to go out to the IESS Hospital down the street.  Chikungunya is only spread in one fashion, a specific female mosquito that only bites in the daytime.  After a good hot shower I did feel somewhat human again.  I went through Emergency and was looked after very well.  I was sent for blood tests and a urine sample then had to wait 1.5 hours for the results.  The really good news is that the initial tests show everything as normal.  Now they want me back tomorrow morning for further testing.
I had an appointment for Friday afternoon with the tailor for a fitting so I decided to show up at 2:30, figuring the most I would have to wait would be a 1/2 hour.  Ecuadorians simply have no concept of proper customer service.  After 4pm I left in a huff after making a definite appointment for noon tomorrow.   If the guy isn't there this time I am going to get my money back....
That was the excitement,   Cheers, Al