Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Tuesday August 4, 2015 Scenery

This is a great church on a hill with awesome views


The church called Carmen, plus Turi on the left

I love this shot taken from 10 de Agosto

This is a watercolour version of the same shot

I apologize that these photos are out-of sync..  Sometimes Google's Blogspot just decides to be cantankerous and not do what it is told to do......

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday August 4, 2015
I had to meet a fellow Spanish student on the other side of town to retrieve my Madrigal Spanish book and we were both wondering if the Spanish classes were going to continue.  So I continued on to Hearts Of Gold's office but the people I needed to speak to were not there.  
Traveling up Avenida Loja I decided to catch a few shots of El Centro with some very dramatic skies.  
Next I headed to the Royal Enfield shop to see what they had for bike accessories.  The only thing they had were poor quality $400 leather saddlebags and a few goggles.  The fellow said that he could order me a cargo carrier for approx. $100 and a windshield also for approx. $100.  
As I left my bank after depositing my car insurance refund I decided to call the young man that I had met in a bike shop yesterday about the used cargo carrier.  He said that he had the carrier so I zipped right over to his place in El Centro.  The case looked good for $30, black with some red (just like Toxic) and we tried to install it, but he didn't have the proper tools.  So I held the case between my legs as I made it home and got out my tool kit.  Since one of the bolts had mysteriously lost its nut, (no jokes please), I went to the neighbourhood Fereteria and bought a few similar nuts and bolts, then got to the task of installing it which was relatively easy.  I sit very far back on the seat so the built-in backrest is a real bonus.  And, oh yeah, I decided that since the motor is so low on Toxic, that it is also a low-carb machine.....
So I took Toxic for another long ride to test the comfort and handling with the carrier.  The carrier can hold my backpack so that I was able to sling my camera around my shoulder and ride very comfortably.  It gave me the opportunity to get a few shots from more neat vantage points.  It is real easy to slide to the side of the road and park.  
Another reason for the ride was to continue the initial break-in period to get over the 300 kms so that I can take it in for the first oil change and warranty check.  The mechanic had said that it would only be $5, but I'll believe that when I see it.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Toxic at rest near Iberia Broster

Toxic likes this mural

Avenida Loja is part of the Inca Trail

Avenida Loja points right at the Immaculate Conception cathedral

It really has one of the best views in Cuenca

It is a long avenue, so my camera zoom was necessary

The domes are a real beacon, like they are at the end of the street

It really is a great sight

Not much traffic, so I could stand in the middle of the road

I took a few while I had the chance

The symbol of our city

My version of a wall poster at Royal Enfield

Amazing graffiti by the El Vergel bridge

I am amazed at this type of talent

I have been wanting to shoot these for months....

How I wish that I could have this kind of skill

Ta-daaaa...  Toxic with his/her new cargo carrier

Love the mist in that gap in the Cajas

El Centro, taken from 10 de Agosoto

Also zoomed in from 10 de Agosto

The spire of San Francisco is on the left

One of my favourite viewpoints

A great view of Turi from here too

Really zoomed in on the cathedral