Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Wednesday August 19, 2015 Legal Again

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday August 19, 2015
Today was the day to tackle Immigration again.  Last week I managed to finally get a new Visa stamped into my new Passport.  I then started the process to change my marital status on my Cedula.  I had understood that I had to come back to the same office first before going to the Civil Registry office.
I got there before 8am and the doors were already open.  I firstly helped my friend Soraya to begin the process of getting her own Visa because she was there even earlier and was the very first in line in the Extranero section.  I really don't envy her with all the documentation that they are going to want..
I thought it was very strange that the same lady I had dealt with last week was now asking me to complete all my applications, supply more copies, all over again...  When I finally got her attention, I explained that I had done all this last week and surely everything is in their system...  She asked to look at the documents I had on hand and discovered the printed form that I needed for today, ...but... not at this office....  I had to take my documents and copies over to the well-hidden Civil Registry office at the east end of El Centro.  That is a busy place but extremely efficient.  The kind people at the Information Desk sent me to helpful English-speaking persons who took my documents and input everything into the system.  Then I had to go pay my $15 fee and get a number to line up for the next step.  This did not take long and a nice lady made sure that all the information was correct, updated my address, and took a 1/2-decent photo.  Then I understood her to say that she would call me in 1/2 hour when the new, updated Cedula was ready.  Later, when I checked with her, she said I had to wait with a hundred other people in front of a wicket on the other side of the building until they called my name.  I thought that I heard my name on their awful PA system but I was mistaken.  After an hour had elapsed I checked with the Supervisor and he checked all the way down the line to inform me that they were having a slight problem with their system, but only for expats...  He said to continue waiting and it would soon be ready.  After another 1/2 hour I was called up to verify the card and the process was finally over.   
Now I am officially divorced in 2 countries and the new Cedula is good for another 10 years!
For some reason I still abhor the stigma of that word "divorced", like it was a failure on my part, even though I know that is not true.   But, finally... I have full control over my own affairs again in Ecuador.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Slightly altered to protect the innocent....