Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Tuesday August 18, 2015 Sabatino's

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday August 18, 2015
I did my usual photo work today and whiled away the rest of the day until I went back to FACO Uniforms to have them re-install the string cord through the hood.  They did that within a few minutes so I just dragged Toxic up the block and went into the Pizza House for supper.  
I had been craving pizza for quite a while and where else can I get an excellent personal-size meat-lovers pizza and a water for $3.70??
Then I went over to the shoemaker, full of anticipation, to pick up the 3 pairs, hopefully repaired as I asked....  This being Ecuador, only one pair was done exactly as I asked.  I was not a happy camper.
It was 6:10 when I got back home and I had been himming and hawwing all day whether to go dance with friends at Sabatino's at Otorongo Plaza.  I had never been there and the curiosity got the better of me.   I needed to see if it was a good venue that could hold a lot of people, a big dance floor, and a good sound system.  Sorry to say, but not very high scores on any of those points...
Most of the dozen or so people at the dance had attended at least one of my OBG dances.  My friend Miriam was hosting this along with the help and music of Elliott and Stephanie.  The music was 90% Swing so I was frankly glad that I only had to endure it for a couple of hours.   
Even though I had eaten earlier, I ordered a Poor Man's Chicken Fried Steak, which turned out to be hamburger, but it was actually a very good meal for the price.  One of the waiters was Angel, who works at Joe's Secret Garden on Saturdays.
Note to self....  Do not ride Toxic too close behind the diesel buses....
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Not a bad meal for $3.70

There are a couple of tables upstairs and a few outside

Yup, this is the whole place.  6 on the dance floor max...

Miriam got the owner to Salsa with her

Soraya could dance to anything

Miriam was in good form tonight