Monday, August 17, 2015

Sunday-Monday August 16-17, 2015 Service

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Sunday-Monday August 16-17, 2015
Sunday was a bad night for sleeping, no explanation, I just could not get to sleep.  That means a person tries to catch a few winks during the day which does not help when you try to sleep again the next night.
I went downtown early to pick up my suit and thankfully the fellow was in his shop when he said that he would be.  We gave everything a final fit and he did an adjustment on the vest before I walked away with the complete outfit.  I am really thrilled with the quality of the work.
While I was downtown I went to check out Los Faroles restaurant on the 9th floor of the El Presidente hotel, one of the tallest building downtown.  I was checking it out as a possible site to re-start the Oldies But Goodies dances but I was disappointed that my memory of the place did not meet the required expectations.  For one thing, it would need an uncarpeted area for a dance floor.....
Later in the evening I was meeting a new friend for supper at Magnolia Cafe.  Sundays are horrible to find a place to eat because almost every Ecuadorian business closes on Sunday, so of course the Magnolia was all shuttered.  We drove over to the Eucalyptus Cafe on Gran Colombia and were happy to find the doors open.  We sat upstairs for some privacy, ... maybe too much privacy because the service was awful.  We wanted Gin & Tonic and of course they only gins they had were of the $10.25 per drink variety, no thank you.  Then we ordered the very forgettable Thai salads, so our experience was not the greatest.  Then they had the fireplace below threatening to smoke us out of the joint.  I won't be returning to the Eucalyptus any time soon.
I had a little better sleep Sunday night after filling up on salty snacks and ice cream (bad, I know) and had another early afternoon nap in front of the TV.  
My big events for the day were to finally pick up my jacket with the reflective stripes at San Blas square and was thankful that it was ready.   I didn't notice until I got home that the string for the hood was missing....
The next stop was to pick up my shoes that were in for repair on Gonzalez Suarez.  I actually wanted to swap them for 2 others I was going to leave there, including the runners I was wearing, but, of course, they weren't ready...  
So, all in all, welcome to the world of lousy customer service in Cuenca, Ecuador. Too bad that is the norm and not the exception...
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Night falling on the stairs at Otorongo Plaza

The gorgeous lighting of Santo Domingo church