Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday August 10, 2015 Misty City

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Monday August 10, 2015
Happy Independence Day Ecuador.
Well, Andre the Giant did indeed return to dominate the feeder at will.  I still can't get over his size...  He is like a skinny robin in size.
Oswaldo came over and we managed to talk to a nice lady at the Canada Pension/Old Age Security office to confirm my suspicions that this extra pension may not be a slam-dunk for him.  In fact it is doubtful.  But.... they did instruct us to apply anyway because another office makes the determination and anything could change between then and now.
I went to Coral and only bought a huge cabbage, good enough for 11 lunches, 3 cukes, 7 tomatoes, 7 apples, and 7 granadillas.  Total cost was $6.
After processing the cabbage into those portions, I hopped back on Toxic and headed out to Ucubamba to have a lovely visit with Lotis and Mike.  They have a breather from their renovation work because of the holiday.  There is a lot of scaffolding required to do the outside re-painting.
The weather was holding beautifully so I took the scenic route back along the Tomebamba.  The sun was shining super brightly from the west so many of the shots I took are pretty high-contrast.  Then I crossed the Autopista and snuck my way up the mountain to the south of my place and got some shots of the light and mist covering the city.  I rode almost to the top of this mountain where there are old shacks scattered along, high above another cemetery.  Toxic took the climb well and responded well when being chased by the many dogs up there.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Yup, Andre The Giant returned again today

All animals don't want to pass up an easy, free meal

I saw the shadow on the ground first....  A hawk?

Lots of scaffolding to get from their walk-out to the second floor

Young kids playing futbol in this pastoral scene

Baa Baa White sheep, ...

The lovely Tomebamba

It eventually joins the Amazon

A strong west sun made for some great contrast

Everything is very green from the recent rains

Sun and mist over the Andes - Love it!

A view to the East towards Table Mountain

Misty view of El Centro

I find the mist and light captivating

It is getting later than I thought it was.

Strong sun makes a good Photo very difficult

Can you see the two lovers taking in the view?

I just love backlit pampas grass

Such a great view from up there

And a nicely framed view of the city

This is the back of our church St Teresa and the Seminary

Immaculate Conception cathedral is prominent in this one