Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday August 21, 2015 Hummers

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday August 21, 2015
Yesterday and today I have spent working on photos almost exclusively.
This morning at 9am I was just about to hit "send" on an email with a survey about the Oldies But Goodies dances and suddenly the power went out...  I looked out my window and there was a whole electrical crew outside.  I hollered at one fellow walking below to find out when power would be restored.  He said at 1pm...  I guess they are installing power to the empty lot down the block and here I was fuming that I had just lost 2 hours work.
The sun was mostly shining and outside 4 Sparkling Violetears and the Giant Hummingbird were all vying for my feeder so I figured that I may as well take advantage of the time.  Andre the Giant is still shy with me and I am still unable to get a full frontal wingspread that I want.
Thankfully the power was restored at 12:30pm.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

This is the reason that the power was out

Tom and friends are enjoying the sunshine

I sure appreciate their visits

Just as I am sure that they appreciate the nectar

One fellow has a different coloured head

The violet ears are spread for the competition

This guy is pretty comfortable in my presence

I am barely 2 feet away

This fellow slurps up a lot at a time

He sure has pretty colours

I like all my hummer friends

Andre the Giant is still pretty shy

It will take time for him to know me

He has to realize that I am not a threat

This is the only wingspread I was able to catch