Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Wednesday May 20, 2015 Cathedral

I was supremely honoured to have been chosen BEST PHOTOGRAPHER by the readers of GringoPost for 2014, and now I am a repeat winner in 2015 !!!   THANK YOU to all the kind folks who voted for me.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday May 20, 2015
I had to go to El Centro this morning for a Photographer's meeting at Zero Magazine.  The Executives gave us a run-down on what they would like to see, along with all the perceived problems of taking photos of people for a print magazine.  There were 6 photographers there and I don't think that any of us feel like Jimmy Olsen or Peter Parker.  There is a limit to the lengths that we will go to do this kind of work for no recompense at all, except recognition......
The view from Sara's terrace of the side of Immaculate Conception is breathtaking, especially with a gorgeous blue sky as a background....
Following that, I had to scamper down to my auto dealer to bring them more documents and the extra sets of keys for my car.  Yes, I sold my car yesterday back to the dealer that I bought it from.  They were short on inventory and were impressed with my car so they made me a reasonable offer within 10 minutes, and I gratefully accepted.  That is one enormous load off my mind knowing that I have enough money to survive here for another year and wait for the Canadian Loonie to rebound.  Losing 25-30% on the exchange of my money just isn't in my meager budget.
From there, I made it over to check with the van companies to try to find a reasonable ride to Guayaquil to catch the plane to Canada on Sunday morning.  I knew that I could maybe squeeze into a van with other people for $12, IF they left that early on Sunday... however I managed to contract my own car and driver for the 3+ hour drive for $60.  It is worth it for the door-to-door service, speed and comfort for that leg of the journey.
Then I saw a bunch of motorbikes being unloaded across the street so I went to check them out.  People keep warning us to stay away from the Chinese-made bikes but I found a really nice 150cc scooter (I don't like motorcycle shifting) with a 2-year warranty for $1,650.  Add a windshield, storage container, and a helmet and I would be off to the races....., however I dread the thought of wearing a helmet, they are just so darn hot and restrictive of the lateral view, etc.   I have to do a lot more checking around before I make another commitment like that.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

Oh, what a relief it is....  Money in the bank...

Tight street view of the back end of Immaculate Conception

Street view of the whole Cathedral

And this is the awesome view from Sara's terrace

I have my eye on that scooter in the middle.....