Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tuesday May 5, 2015 Views

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.
Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Tuesday May 5, 2015
I bit the bullet and decided to tackle the Coopera issue today.  
I did not take any chances.  I got color copies of my Cedula and the original CD both notarized at a cost of $3.14 and had no problem at all getting the additional $1,500 refund.  Now they only owe me about $8,800 which I hope our lawsuit will be successful in prying loose.  If we can get one honest judge on the case, the Government will get a lot of egg on its face, boo hoo.
I did go to the Banco Del Pacifico near the Stadium and was directed to go to the "special" window for Tercera Edad (old fools over 65), etc, and was done everything in about an hour and a half.
Even with all the stress going on, it is easy enough to get bored, so we again took advantage of the time that we have with the car.  This time we headed to north Cuenca to get some back-angle views from Sunday from above the Catholic University.  Dramatic skies add to the occasion.
Then I would keep taking different roads that I have not used before, just to see where we would end up.   It turns out that we landed north of the airport in very slow traffic because of the TransVia construction.   Then I missed a turn and almost landed up in Chaluabamba again.
Closer to home we parked and walked along the river for a while.  The police tape had us mystified but I had read that they were marking off dangerous parts of the riverbank.  A person has to be at the right angle to see how much of the bank is eroded in spots and very dangerous indeed.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

The view over El Centro is breathtaking from the north

The Catholic University dominates the north end

Immaculate Conception's blue domes are easily visible

Many, many churches in this wider shot

Another decent view

The river is pretty high from the recent heavy rainfall

You can see how badly the bank is eroded underneath

Pretty sight in the sunshine