Friday, May 8, 2015

Friday May 8, 2015 Museo De Medicina

Souvenir Photo Studio is now re-opened.  Book your session now.

I was supremely honoured to have been chosen BEST PHOTOGRAPHER by the readers of GringoPost for 2014, and now I am a repeat winner in 2015 !!!   THANK YOU to all the kind folks who voted for me.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday May 8, 2015
We needed to go to El Centro to pick up a few things and we did a little walking around in the beautiful sunshine.
I actually had my first-ever fall (quite an accomplishment considering the uneven sidewalks, etc) when stepping off the curb near home.  I think I caught a heel, then a toe, and my usually reliable reflexes were unable to compensate.  Luckily I was far enough from a passing tractor that I didn't get squished.  Scraped palms knee and elbow are my only evidence of the mishap.  The embarrassment is well hidden.
The main Cathedral, Immaculate Conception, is always good for a shot or two, as is the flower market and Diez de Agosto Mercado.
Then we decided to walk some more so we crossed the river and decided to view the Museo de la Medicina.  I have walked by it hundreds of times but today was the first time we actually decided to check it out.
This museum has relics from dentistry, optometry and what seems like other torture... For a $1 entrance fee, it was a good reminder of days gone by...
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Blue sky, Immaculate Conception and the restored old convent

They have changed the interior a lot

A shot down the center aisle

Lots of Mothers' Day bouquets at the flower market

Some of the freshest flowers in the world

The back end of Immaculate Conception

Lots of bored vendors at Diez de Agosto Mercado

This one didn't get away

Meats, fish, veggies, and sundries are all available

A welder making a repair

A view over Colegio Benigno Malo to the church at Turi

Rio Tomebamba east to Todos Santos

$1 to go into this Museum of Medicine

Lovely inner courtyard

This is ancient dentistry...

Why would someone want red dentures????

Looks like a very uncomfortable operating room

I suspect that this is an early birthing station

A sample Apothecary's premises

A very old incubator

Loved this view on the second floor

Another view up there

OK, a third view too

Wash day for a neighbour across the river

I wouldn't trust that dummy to dispense my drugs...

She looked pretty vacant as well....