Saturday, March 28, 2015

Saturday, March 28, 2015 Madre Tierra

I was supremely honoured to have been chosen BEST PHOTOGRAPHER by the readers of GringoPost for 2014, and now I am a repeat winner in 2015 !!!   THANK YOU to all the kind folks who voted for me.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Saturday, March 28, 2015
Wednesday night we decided to try the new Tacos Mexico restaurant which is not far from my favourite Big Kabudas Burgers.  This place was referred to me by a fellow Canadian, Paul Pfeiffer of ServiceEcuador.com.  The owner Leon Argudo speaks good English so it was easy to get his recommendations and we were not disappointed.  We will definitely be back to this place, carefully hidden between Paucarabamba, Paseo De Los Canaris, and Pumapungo.  I have scanned the flyer with a map for you.   Try it.
Today I just had to get out and enjoy the sunshine so I bused over to Parque De La Madre for the annual Madre Tierra (Mother Earth) Festival.  I certainly expected a lot more artisanal booths with a lot more "respect the earth" themes but there was some neat stuff there and a lot of Gringo presence.  There wasn't one food booth so I nipped over to McDonalds for a little comfort food for lunch.  I will be good and eat my veggies for supper.
Parque De La Madre is a great place to people-watch at the best of times, but even more so when there is a festival happening.   There was a big stage being set up for music to start about 2:30 but my feet said that it was time to go home, and one look at the skies said that the afternoon sun would soon give way to a storm (which did soak everything around 4:40pm).  
Update -  Just received the bad news that all 6 of the baby rabbits have died.....  I guess there is just no substitute for mothers' milk and care....  So sad right now.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

Very good Mexican food here

The Madre Tierra Festival was fittingly at the Parque De La Madre

This youngster was coming as well to enjoy the fun

Musical instrument made from recycled propane tanks

A whole lot of other instruments on display too

Many folks lined up to visit the Planetarium

Daniela Altieri teaching people local folk rhythms

Beading display with macrame classes at this booth

A zither??.. or something like it??

McDonalds looks much like home, but in Spanish

Love the combo of the "Madre" statue with Todos Santos behind

Blowing music thru a shotgun?

This Mom is showing us how to exercise to the max

Interesting tattoo art

Mixture of the cultures

Lots of nice Gringas wandering the grounds

More lovely Gringas in attendance

Lotis by the Madre

Kids love the camera

A Chola lady doing some instruction

Lots of indigenous interest in her subject

There was even an outdoor massage available

A lovely lady enjoying tunes in the shade

A gorgeous rose along the pathway

Great colours on this rose too

This little girl was being a tomboy