Monday, March 23, 2015

Sunday, March 22, 2015 POE

I was supremely honoured to have been chosen BEST PHOTOGRAPHER by the readers of GringoPost for 2014, and now I am a repeat winner in 2015 !!!   THANK YOU to all the kind folks who voted for me.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Sunday, March 22, 2015
Cristina again invited out to The Oasis to help relieve the boredom so I went out in the afternoon.  I had also received a Facebook private message that the band who played at Theresa’s housewarming were going to play at 2pm at a new restaurant across from the Oro Verde Hotel called POE.  So my plan was to combine these two things.
On the way into San Jose De Balzay barrio there was a festival happening that made driving through there a real challenge.  I offered Cristina the choice of places and she opted for the restaurant, which was a better choice because the heavens started to open the moment we left the door.  My car badly needed a wash but it is self-defeating in that area of dirt roads.
The POE (Productos Originales Espanoles) is a quaint and beautifully decorated little place, and I especially loved the artworks on the walls and columns.  Erica and her family were very attentive to us and really pleasant, even though they really only speak Spanish.  Their intention is to sell original Spanish products, hence the name, but the threatened import taxes may make this a little difficult at the moment.  There certainly were no products on display yet.
Erica even went to the front garden and picked some Cedron to make us a delicious tea which she never even charged us for.
We opted to try three of the dishes which were small, inexpensive, and all were very tasty.  We certainly recommend this place.  They are still in the process of getting advertising and proper menus because the English translations were pretty bad…   For instance “Chopped Mexico” turned out to be nachos with guacamole (which was delicious). 
The proposed band was not showing up and the rain was finally abating after 2 hours, we made our departure and were shocked that the bill was a whole $7.
Again, we highly this place at Ordonez Lasso 6-117, just east of the Palermo condo.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

From high up you can really see the rain moving in from the west

This kind of contrast in weather appeals to me

I digitally changed this shot to a painting
This cool place is located at Ordonez Lasso 6-117
New menus are coming this week

Pretty as a picture

Couldn't resist using the roses



Roomy little cafe is a great place to eat

I loved all the artworks on the premises

I thought these went well together

Erica doing a flamenco pose

I liked this kinky perspective

Cris asked for this

And she wanted a full-length shot too