Friday, March 20, 2015

Friday, March 20, 2015 Oasis

I was supremely honoured to have been chosen BEST PHOTOGRAPHER by the readers of GringoPost for 2014, and now I am a repeat winner in 2015 !!!   THANK YOU to all the kind folks who voted for me.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Friday, March 20, 2015

I accepted an invitation to spend the day with Cristina at the Oasis, where she works.  The day was stolen completely by her new puppy Nina (meaning "baby girl") who just won't leave a person alone and has to bite and chew on everything.  I love dogs, other people's dogs, because I don't have the time, money or temperament to have one of my own.

The day was crappy and rainy but we went out to SuperMaxi for groceries, had a delicious pizza at La Fornace, then got food for the critters at Feria Libre.  I sprang for a pound of green grapes for $2.  A pound isn't a whole lot of grapes so I felt ripped off, but they sure were delicious.

When we got back it was still raining but Cristina wore my raincoat and Louis' boots to go out and do her job to feed the rabbits, guinea pigs, and ducks.  She looked a little like a bag lady, all dressed up to combat the mud, poop and the rain.   

The Oasis is the brainchild of Louis Bourgeois who is trying to perfect a self-sufficient lifestyle by growing his own food, vegetable and animal.  He foresees a tectonic shift of the earth's plates that will cause massive tidal waves where few places on earth will be untouched.Then we went to the local Orthodontic clinic for Cristina to get some dental work done before coming back again for supper.

I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Nina at her best, chewing on an old sock

Anything is game for those sharp little teeth right now

I ate a couple, but this is essentially a pound of grapes for $2

Several chew toys and bones keep Nina busy

This BBQ-looking bone seemed to be the favourite

Feeding the guinea pigs

This is the critter area with rabbits, guinea pigs and ducks

Feeding the rabbits and Nina is curious

Who can resist this kind of puppy look?

The soggy church of San Jose De Balzay

Cool ceiling tile in the dentist's office

Hmmm, a real family tree??