Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 Rabbits


I was supremely honoured to have been chosen BEST PHOTOGRAPHER by the readers of GringoPost for 2014, and now I am a repeat winner in 2015 !!!   THANK YOU to all the kind folks who voted for me.

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Wednesday, March 25, 2015
I never expected to be helping babysit six tiny baby bunnies today whose Momma is inexplicably unable to nurse them.  Apparently trying to get them nursed by a female guinea pig in the next stall were unsuccessful.
They are so cute and seemingly helpless without the fur, and yet they have the little bouncing noses and the long ears.  They are still sightless so they crawl all over each other looking for warmth and nourishment.   Until they are able to see they need to be fed by hand with warm water and milk every 3 hours or they won't survive.
Cristina is like Doctor Doolittle in looking after the animals at Oasis and especially with the tiny babies.
I hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al

The bunnies are barely 3 inches long

Six of them huddle for security and warmth

They already have the cute noses and the long ears

The search for nourishment leads to some funny interaction

Half a dozen hungry mouths to feed

Too cute for words

They never stray far from the pack

It is amazing to see the development in only 2 days

Feeding every 3 hours is necessary or they might not survive

OK, I am adding 5 more shots taken with a close-up lens taken later this afternoon.

Trying to get more detail on the shots

It must be hard to stumble around blind for a few days

I wonder how long before the fur really starts to show?

I sure hope that our efforts are rewarded with 6 healthy bunnies

Hard to believe something so tiny can be so complex.