Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 OBG Dance

Please see more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com
© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015
I apologize that there are no photos to accompany this Blog.  I was too busy with the Oldies But Goodies dance chores to even think about unholstering the camera.
We had over 80 people say that they were committed to coming to the dance at Villa San Carlos and about 65 showed up, ...respectable, but disappointing.
I miscalculated that my sound system would be adequate for the space, when in fact it was, just not when you have 65 people shouting at each other over large table spaces.  Huge kudos to Villa San Carlos for rescuing me with a large speaker that actually got enough sound out of my headphone jack to do the trick.
Once the sound was jacked up then people finally started to dance regularly, even enthusiastically in spots, but they did not seem to care for much country music or waltzes. For the last hour, I switched to exclusively Rock n Roll and Latin music and a hardcore group of dancers really enjoyed themselves.
I have had about 3 hours sleep in the last 60 or so hours and the evening took its toll on me. Having another dance next week is just too soon so I have postponed it indefinitely.  I need to do a lot of work to build on the success of the first evening, starting with a new music lineup.  I need to mentally convince myself that it is worth doing so again.
THANK YOU to all those who came out to enjoy themselves, and did....
That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al