Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Wednesday June 18, 2014 Camera

MY NEW PORTRAIT STUDIO IS NOW OPEN !!!!  Book your session now.
See details and more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.


Wednesday June 18, 2014
A friend had emailed me to see if I wanted to buy pocket camera she had recently purchased and I had agreed.   So I met them downtown, completed the transaction started to test the camera.   My first few shots seemed pretty bad and I discovered a pretty dirty lens so the next few were better.
This little Canon has a 16x optical zoom and up to 64x digital zoom, plus it is a 16 MP unit so it really is pretty powerful.   So far I must admit that I am not very impressed with the quality compared to my other camera but I will keep it as a backup for now.  maybe I will get better with it as I experiment.
At noon I had a short meeting at the Alliance Francaise regarding volunteering as a photographer for their 3-day music festival starting tomorrow.  I had already volunteered to cover four venues on Friday night but was specifically requested to help at the opening with the Cuenca Symphony Orchestra tomorrow night so I acquiesced.   Gosh, I even have a Press Pass that lets me go anywhere in the festival.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  


This is my new toy - front view

And the top view

It is not expensive, just a backup

My first shot with it downtown

This interesting wall art is at Alliance Francaise

This is the view from the second floor

Testing the new toy's zoom capabilities some more

The clarity is so-so.  Need to practice...