Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Monday June 16, 2014 Night Rio T

MY NEW PORTRAIT STUDIO IS NOW OPEN !!!!  Book your session now.
See details and more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.


Monday June 16, 2014
I watched a lot of World Cup games today and picked up a few groceries.  
In the evening I went for a long walk and brought the camera along.  I experimented with a few time exposure shots, without a tripod, along the Rio Tomebamba.  The exposures were between 6 and 10 seconds with the camera just resting on a bridge or a rock.   The water is rushing by, bouncing over the huge rocks on the riverbed, so this creates great flow effects.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

This first shot was for 10 seconds

Then I cut it to 8 seconds

This stylized work was taken at 6 seconds

This left side of the river is calmer for this stretch

Then I started the trek back home

The time exposure tends to smooth out a rushing river

Sometimes the ambient lighting can throw curves at you

This was taken from the bridge near home.