Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Tuesday June 3, 2014 Out and About

MY NEW PORTRAIT STUDIO IS NOW OPEN !!!!  Book your session now.
See details and more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.


Tuesday June 3, 2014
Monday was grocery day and my bill was $26.74.   I bought a bag of 14 large oranges for 81c and that made 1.5 litres of fresh juice.  300g of ketchup was 74c, 1 litre of good red wine was $3.49.   That is one reason I am still here in Cuenca.
Today I was determined to get out and enjoy the weather so off I went to Alliance Francaise to firm up my volunteering for their 3 day music festival June 19-21.  I am working the Friday at 4 different venues and am supposed to supply 30 quality photos of the event.  They will supply us with badges and maybe a t-shirt.
Then I went downtown intent on buying some jeans for the Hearts Of Gold BBQ and Barn Dance next month.  I found some at the first store I looked in, then I bought 3 pair for $62.  Rather than drag that heavy bag around I came back home, stopping at El Espanol deli for their ham & cheese sub with chips and a drink for $2.99.  I want so much to be able to buy the buns they use, apparently they are baked in Guayaquil and they are the softest sub buns I have ever tasted.
Then I hopped the bus back to Solano and did some walking around, taking photos.  I tried to see an old friend but I just missed them.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

This park is behind my house near the Rio Tomebamba

View down Solano towards El Centro

View the other direction towards the Mirador De Turi

Church at Solano and 10 de Agosto

View to El Centro from this church

A little zoomed in view to El Centro and Immaculate Conception

Gotta love this old church

She's an old charmer

The huge palm is a bonus

Another view of Turi from the churchyard

I love visiting this place

Gorgeous flowers on the grounds

These look like windmills


This new church is beside the old one

A view to downtown from 10 De Agosto

Another similar view

OK, so I love this viewpoint....

A lovely flower in someone's yard

The Royal Enfield retro bike captured my attention

This is a real bike in front of a wall poster, my version

and another version...  I want a bike....