Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday June 13, 2014 Internet & Birds

MY NEW PORTRAIT STUDIO IS NOW OPEN !!!!  Book your session now.
See details and more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.


Friday June 13, 2014
My gosh...  I didn't even think that it was Friday the 13th, and a full moon to boot, and I allowed the ServiCable Internet guys to climb out my window and onto the roof.  They were installing a new Internet receiver, but first they dicked around with the old receiver until I made them call their supervisor because I was told by him that I would need a new receiver to get my upgraded speed.   I had been promised by the office manager that I would get 5Mb of speed for the price of the 3Mb I contracted for.  Now he is claiming that his boss won't let me have 5Mb.   This guy has lied to me 4 out of every 5 times so I was not surprised.   Welcome to Ecuador, where this Catholic country is supreme champion at breaking all of the Ten Commandments, except for "Honour thy Mother and Father".......
While these guys were working a bird flew through the open terrace window and was temporarily trapped and distraught until I gently guided him back to the window.   The moving of the new Internet receiver up onto the roof has again freed up the cord I have outside for feeding my hummingbirds and I have positioned my homemade birdseed feeder out there as well.  This should help with better photos in the future.
I went downtown to find a new compact umbrella and to find a form of cowboy hat.   I found the umbrella for $2.50 and then I did locate a suitable hat, made in Australia, but they wanted over $200 for it so I passed on it.   Instead I ended up over at Santo Domingo and watched this youngster feeding pigeons.  He would through seed in the air and the pigeons would rise to the bait.   This is a common sight in this square.  Then I succumbed to the temptation to the nearby video store that carries the Classic movies for $1.50 each.   I only intended to pick up about 3 movies as my movie stand is bursting at the seams already.  Oh well, I got 13 more, including "Shoes Of The Fisherman", an all-time favourite, as well as "My Fair Lady", "The Longest Day", "War and Peace", etc.   They should keep me out of mischief for a while.
The World Cup of Soccer is underway in neighbouring Brazil and televisions are tuned to the games everywhere.  I have made a reservation at a local restaurant for Sunday brunch when Ecuador plays its first game so I can be with other fans.
NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al  

This is not Larry the Cable guy.  He is the Internet guy.

No Occupational Health and Safety rules for these guys!

They just crawled out my window and onto the roof

This poor bird felt trapped inside my terrace

Luckily I was able to steer him back outside easily

The second guy then had to crawl out to change the receivers

A scene from Hitchcock's "The Birds"

The boy almost gets buried as he throws seed into the air

This is a common sight at Santo Domingo Square