Friday, June 27, 2014

Friday June 27, 2014 Party Time

MY NEW PORTRAIT STUDIO IS NOW OPEN !!!!  Book your session now.
See details and more of my artworks for sale at http://saccc05.tripod.com/.

Welcome…..  Please note that you may SUBSCRIBE below to this Blog.
Comments or purchase requests are graciously accepted at souvenirphotostudio@gmail.com.

All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission.


Friday June 27, 2014
There was lots happening tonight so I made up my mind to get out and see for myself.  First, Cuenca Singles was holding a dance at San Sebas with different music, the Musical Nomads originally from California, Brad & Julienne McKee.  This was different than the usual because it was nice, soft folk music and very pleasant to listen to.  I had a lovely supper but wasn't in the mood to dance (that's a sure sign that I am bummed out) so I left real early.
I then made my way to DiBacco's restaurant where Brian Gary was playing for his own 52nd Birthday.  I stayed long enough to wish him Happy Birthday then I was on my way again.
Going by Immaculate Conception and Parque Calderon I could see that they were still celebrating Corpus Cristi with many booths selling sweets.  They also had a couple of fireworks towers set up but I didn't stay long enough to see those fired up.  There were other pyromaniacs firing off successions of fireworks over the park.  It was interesting to watch them light the fuse and then skedaddle away.  Safety is never much of an issue because anyone could walk right up to the firing stand at any time.
Then I saw the door open at the Old Cathedral and figured the Cuenca Symphony must be playing, and I was right so I popped in long enough to get a few shots.

NOTE that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.
Hope you enjoy the photos.  That was the day's excitement,   Cheers, Al 

Yesterday I had a visitor to my homemade bird feeder

Brad & Julienne, the Musical Nomads at San Sebas

Folk music is a nice change

Eventually some dancers got active

They were having a good time

Happy Birthday Brian Gary - Age 52

Yup, playing at his own Birthday party

He finally asked for some dancers 

Tony wanted his photo with Brian

One bamboo fire tower next to the main Cathedral

Then a second one nearby

The homemade construction is unbelievable

Fireworks are always enjoyable

Light the fuses and run!

These were directly overhead

Many fireworks burned off tonight

The Old Cathedral is beautifully lit up.

Immaculate Conception Cathedral is poorly lit at night

but I will take her picture anyway

Inside the Old cathedral the Symphony is playing

A small crowd is enjoying it

They had a guest flutist tonight