Wednesday, August 16, 2023

Wednesday August 16, 2023 Investigation

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Wednesday August 16, 2023

Yesterday, I had an important investment review, to make sure I remain poor (I think)...  I do really need help because my crystal ball broke years ago...

I slipped out to Vinnie's Treasure Shop (St Vincent de Paul) just to see what they had, and came away with a set of globe bookends for $10.

Then I spent most of the day finishing book 2 and starting heavily into book 3 of Conn Iggulden's Empire Of Salt series.  This series is not historical like the others I have read, but deals with magic, etc (not my cup of tea) but I intend to finish it anyway as I await confirmation of the Hold on 3 books for the War Of The Roses series which is about English Royalty...  

I went to bed before midnight and woke around 3:30am today so I got up and watched the thrilling Women's World Cup soccer match between England (3) and host Australia (1).  Awesome competitive soccer, clean and exciting throughout.  I just checked, and Sweden will play Australia for 3rd place Saturday 2am MDT, and England will play Spain in the Final on Sunday at 4am MDT.  I hope that I don't miss those!

So I slept in a tad and decided to check out possible travel over the winter to maybe visit friends in Cuenca over Christmas and catch the famous Pase del Nino parade again to replenish my kids' photos...  Then, ideally, I would vist Cristina and my doggies for a month or two.  I miss my doggies so very much!  The usual stops for a week on both ends to visit my dear Sis and her family in Ontario would also be in those plans.  Missing a good chunk of winter in Edmonton sounds like a basically smart idea....

Stiil no word on the new windshield for the Gio, so I followed up on that before making a quick trip to the bank.  I sat outside Little Caesar's Pizza for a bit before dragging myself away.  But, almost home, ....I turned around and got the $7.99 ready-to-go pepperoni pizza that will be lunch for 3 days....  I am not regretting this....

The Fringe Festival (lots of plays, acting, and street performers) starts tomorrow so we will no doubt be spending a lot of evenings down there.  Bob and I decided to run up there to check preparations and do our usual Whyte Ave Photos gig...  The band at the Commercial was not to our liking, and Bob was hungry, so we went across the road to the Strathcona Hotel's Leopold's Pub.  I was so excited to see that they have Wednesday wing nights, 1/2 price, with my 2 favourites, lemon pepper and salt+pepper on the menu.  I guess this means so long Original Joe's who can't seem to make them so we can even taste the spices any more...  Leopold's did a great job on my lemon pepper offering, plus they do superlative nachos, so they are now my new favourite restaurant...

We managed to get some street scene shots and then one sweet gal caught us on the way home to get more shots with her friends too.  It was a successful night for sure!

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

I miss my doggies!

The Fringe is just a block down on 81st Ave

Bob admiring a mural

Firefighters' memorial

Posters for many Fringe plays

More posters on the other side

Great night on Whyte

Some promotions on the street

We kept running into this bunch #1

Uno cerveza por favor

You can actually see, and taste, the lemon pepper!

Bob chose honey garlic



The Strathcona

#2

Great hair highlights in the setting sun

#3

This gal chased us later


No words....

She caught us on 109 St

Her friends were delighted too.