Friday, August 18, 2023

Thursday August 17, 2023 Fringe Begins

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Thursday August 17, 2023

I screwed up putting 4 books on hold at the Library so they may not be ready tomorrow when I have to return the 5 that I have now..  I finished the last of those today.

Also, my investigation into traveling to Cuenca and Andalucia through travel agents has fallen apart so I will have to probably work it on my own at a later date.

Today marks the beginning of Ther Fringe Festival which is a stable example of community spirit here.   There are many plays, shows, music stages, and international buskers and performers.

https://www.fringetheatre.ca/festival/shows-events/

It was 30C today and the crowds were steady.  Bob and I got the usual many comments about our Gios and we got much more cooperation from this crowd.  It was a lot of fun to interact with buskers from around the world and we were offered many free tickets to shows that would be starting after our bedtime....

The skies began to threaten so we beat a hasty retreat and just missed getting caught in the high winds and heavy rain that struck, and the storm seems to be circling and returning.  It certainly dropped the temperature to 15C easily within 2 hours to help us cool off our apartments.  My apartment is not so bad anyway since it faces north and I cool it off every night with fans in open windows.  It also helps to leave the door open to create a long draft for an hour or so.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.


Promoting their own plays

A native band had great harmony

Barbie and Ken?


Crowds streaming in




Bob and new friend

Above the crowd promotion

Lining up to see a play

This gal was from Romania


Another Barbie & Ken

Food trucks did a good business

Brief stop on Whyte Ave


She was mad Hells Angels would not help find her stolen bike

Reuben from Melbourne, Australia




Rushing









The storm hit here