Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday August 25, 2023 Sunshine

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday August 25, 2023

Tuesday to Thursday were dismal, cool, and mostly rainy days which meant a lot of reading, and basically hibernating.



 

 

 

 

 

 

Wednesday I finished off a nice resume for my friend Aram in Kentucky who is wanting to move to Florida and find work as a police officer.  Best of luck to you Aram!

Thursday, the rain let up in the early afternoon allowing me to take the Gio to the Library, drop off 1 book and pick up 3 more of the War Of The Roses series by Conn Iggulden.  Right now we are centered on the life of Henry VI and his young French wife Margaret.

Then I did my grocery run to Save-On and am cutting down on the extra veggies that I usually added to my salad kits, namely green apples, cukes and tomatoes.  My salads were just too big and I am angry at being unable to lose weight for more than a day.....

Today, I was up early, 5am in the fog, because I needed to clean house, dust, etc, and plug in the Gio.

At 11am I got a visit from a lady from here that I had met in Ecuador and we had a good 2 hour chat with coffee and cookies.  She would like to volunteer to teach watercolour painting here so I have passed on her information to our local Social Club.  I would love to attend those classes myself...

Sylvia
The day just kept warming up nicely so I went early to Whyte Avenue to do my thing.  Bob was not feeling well so he did not accompany me.  The lovely climate made The Fringe a busy place as I expected and the people were very friendly, even lining up to get their photoss taken today!  Many people stopped to chat and very few were from here, but were from all over the globe!  The Fringe in Edmonton really has a worldwide reputation.

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.