Sunday, August 20, 2023

Sunday August 20, 2023 Summer?

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Sunday August 20, 2023

Will someone please tell me where our summer has gone???  One day in the past week, we had a 30C day followed by a 13C day.  Today was supposed to be sunny and 20C, but it turned out to be 20C, smoky, cloudy, windy 17-26, and unreasonably cool.

I was up before 4am to watch the Women's World Cup Soccer final and was joined by Don from upstairs because he has no TV hooked up.  I was sure that England would take it to Spain,... but, like most of my predictions in this tournament, I was woefully wrong.  Spain played fantastically well and made England look really ordinary, winning 1-0.  I am sure going to miss watching all that great soccer.

I met cousin Jeanne and her friend Meng down at The Fringe where we wandered a bit then stopped in to listen to Leo Martinez at Blues On Whyte.  He never disappoints, always putting on a fine selection of music.

My guests had only paid for a 2-hour parking spot, and had a sick dog at home, so they did not stay too long.  I also left after the first set as I didn't trust the weather and it was a lot cooler outside than it should have been.  Please come back Summer....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

 

Lovely Mime

Advertising their play

Prince visited our fair city, lol.

Juggler up in the air


Jeanne and Meng wandering

Juggling fire, knife and and apple.

Terrific street performer.






Check out all the things attached to this Rod...

Leo Martinez

My sneaky shot of 1/2 the crowd.....