Saturday, August 12, 2023

Friday August 11, 2023 Blues On Whyte

PLEASE bookmark this page and check daily.

Older Blog:  https://cuencaupdates.blogspot.com/

Please see my best artworks for sale at my websites:  http://souvenirphotostudio.neocities.org/ or http://saccc05.tripod.com/

******

Friday August 11, 2023

So it was another week where the camera was inactive.  Many nights (read early mornings) I was up watching the FIFA Women's World Cup games.

Monday morning was one of those where I was up past 3am.  I also finished my Genghis Khan series of books and started on another series which is more fantasy rather than my preferred history, so I am not really enjoying it that much.

Tuesday I looked in the mirror and shaved off the goatee that has itched my face for the last 8 years.  Not sure how long the clean-shaven look will last....

Then I caught the Express bus to West Edmonton Mall and was shocked that it only took 20 minutes.  I went in 2 stores and bought $510 worth of clothes in under 2 hours.  I have needed more wardrobe since I came in March and now I can make it until winter in reasonable comfort.  It was sprinkling as I caught the bus back home.

I could watch TV, but the darn sound was missing!  That was very frustrating.

Wednesday, it rained most of the day and I had almost given up the idea of going out until there was a short reprieve and I slipped out to Staples and Dollarama for needed supplies..  I tried to park too close to a metal bench and caught and ripped my left rear fender.  I was so mad at myself!

The Manager, Roch, finally came up with a Telus rep on his phone who instructed him how to fix the volume signal to my new TV.  It did not take long, and I am so thankful to again be able to hear my TV!

Thursday, it was very blustery and windy, so I hibernated and read more of that new series of books by Conn Iggulden.  They are not my cup of tea, but I am determined to read them before they have to be returned in a week to the Library.

Today, I was supposed to go meet my son at Pigeon Lake with my friend Tony, but the wind was very strong all night and still too breezy in the early morning for boating, so we made the decision to postpone the visit to Sunday when the forecast is the best of the coming week...  We are looking forward to getting a little fishing done this year!

That opened up the opportunity to join Ghyslaine to go to another FAFA workshop dealing with Fraudulent practices this afternoon, put on by a lawyer and a City Policeman.  Honestly, these fraudsters prey on old people in particular and they are shameless in their tactics.

In the evening, Bob and I went to eat at McDonald's and continued on to Whyte Avenue for my new gig.  There was a cover charge to listen to the Blues on Whyte at the Commercial Hotel and I was not going to pay at first because I didn't really care for the music outside, but relented when the one gatekeeper halved the price, 2 for 1, so we went in.

We sat next to fellow named Malcolm from out of town, and celebrating his 81st Birthday alone.  We stayed with him for almost 6 hours and I dare say that he had some fun with all the ladies we were attracting to our vicinity.  His smile in the photos below will tell the tale.  One complete stranger heard that it was his Birthday and plunked down $60 on our table to help us celebrate.  I has been a long while since I have drunk that much beer!

This Blog got a tad delayed as I watched the end of the soccer match between Australia and France.  It was such a shame that one team, being France, had to lose to the hometown Aussies.  The shootout took 21 shots before deciding the match.

So, with all this, I will be lucky to see my bed before 5am.....

I hope you enjoy the pictures.  That was the day’s excitement.

Al

******

© All my work is COPYRIGHT protected and may not be used in any way without purchase, or without my permission. 

If you want to borrow a picture to share with family and friends, Facebook or whatever, at least PLEASE give me credit for the photo.

NOTE  that you may click on any photo for an ENLARGED VIEW.

Start

 

 

Fraud course






The outside musician

Happy 81st Malcolm



Bob and friend

Bob is the chick magnet

Malcolm having fun


Music inside



Whoops!  Who's that guy??





Poor Malcolm!







The old guy was having fun until the bouncers tossed him

Malcolm

Outside at 2am






 
On the way home.